The Life of a Demigod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrival of a demigod ((open))

4 posters

Go down

Arrival of a demigod ((open)) Empty Arrival of a demigod ((open))

Post by Lucien Davis Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Lucien stood at the top of the Hill, looking down at camp. Earlier that day, a monster had attacked him and someone had helped him. Someone who had a weapon made out of the same weird metal as his. They had told him a little about himself, and explained how to get to camp. He had been told he was a demigod. A son of a mortal, and one of the Ancient Greek gods. Lucien would have laughed at this, but it explained why the monsters always chased him. And the kid had explained about his ADHD and dyslexia. In some unusual way, it had all made sense.

He was quite happy with the current situation. Yes, he was confused as to who he was now, but he was the child of a god!And not just any god, but an ancient Greek one, a god of the civilisation that fascinated him. And here he was, safe, if what he had been told was true.

Of course, he wasn't too sure about that. It was hard to feel safe when you were near a dragon, even if the dragon was asleep and coiled around a tree. Yes, thats right. A dragon! Another monster from myth, that turned out to be reality. Only, this one wasn't trying to kill him or eat him.

Shaking himself out of these thoughts, he looked down at camp again. He saw a climbing wall, a lake, a forest, a bunch of weird looking cabins, a house, some stables, and a lot more.

Wow.. this place seems cool..He thought. For the first time since the horrific plane accident from which he was the only survivor (only just), he managed to smile. Somehow, he felt like this was where he belonged. He couldn't wait to explore. It looked like there was a lot to do here, and with winter going and spring coming, then hopefully the water in the lake would be warm enough to swim in. If it wasn't, then there was the climbing wall, or the woods to explore. Heck, there was even a stable!

Feeling nervous, he started to make his way down the Hill, towards his new home.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Unclaimed Demigod

Cabin Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Arrival of a demigod ((open)) Empty Re: Arrival of a demigod ((open))

Post by Andi Write Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Andi was on a job around camp. There wasn't much activity today, so she needed to get a little excersise in.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a new camper stumbaling down Half-Blood hill. Since he was new, he probably needed a helping hand to get him into the groove of things.

"Hello, I'm Andi." She said. He seemed the type that knew the basics to why he was here. One of the lucky ones in her opinion. Some have no idea why their here and it makes Andi sad to see them all lost and confused.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Cabin Points : 104

http://neverlandrpg.simplygaming.org/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Carian sat by Peleus who was watching a boy coming up the hill. He looked worn out.
"Who's that?" she asked the water puddle by her feet. It was murky and muddy, so the answer would probably be hazy so she decided to just go and ask him himself. Andi was their already.

"Hi there!" she called, waving and walking over to where they stood. She'd been in Camp since she was seven and could tell who knew the basics and who was completely confused. Someone had probably told him things already, probably a scouter.

"How many years now? Six? And still no word from father dearest..." she sighed staring down at the silent puddle, and then at Peleus who was eyeing her oddly. Suddenly, as Cari remembered he hadn't been fed yet, going to greet the new guy seemed a great idea...

She hurried over and stuck out her hand, "Carian Roberts. Nice to meet you," she said.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Cabin Points : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Davis Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:16 am

"Hi Andi. Hi Carian.." Lucien said. He shook Carian's hand. Normally, he would be quiet, but Carian's name made something go through his mind. "Carian? That's Welsh, isn't it?"

Maybe he wasn't the only Brit here... He hadn't seen anyone from Britain while he'd been over here. And he'd been here for about six months. Getting attacked by monsters regularly. He held on to the small speck of hope that there was someone else here from his homeland. It wasn't that he didn't like Americans. He did. He liked everyone, unless they gave him a reason not to. For once, he was actually feeling talkative. "So, I guess your like me then...?"

He left the question hanging, not darinmg to say the word, in case he was wrong, in case they laughed at him. Demigod. It sounded weird, and been one made him feel even weirder. If it hadn't been for all the monsters attacking him over the years, he wouldhave thought this was some really weird, complicated joke. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing to take in.

But he had hope. Maybe his parent would claim him, talk to him. His godly parent was the only person he had left in the world now. He felt slightly angry at whoever it was. They could have stopped what happened to the plane. But they hadn't. Why?
But Lucien knew anger wouldn't get him anywhere. Been a god was probably hard work.

He looked at the girls. He had a lot of questions. Maybe they would be able to answer them? Yes, he knew a couple of things, but there was so much he didn't know....
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Unclaimed Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:31 am

"Carian? That's Welsh, isn't it?" he had said. Andi heard him say this, and then felt oddly left out. When he greeted both of us it showed that he was not very shy. Well it does help that he's older than some of the other campers.

Andi looked at the other girl. She looked familier. She has been here for longer than she and Annaliegh, and not very many people have. Carian her name was. Now come to think of it that is a cool name.

"Hi Carian," she said. "We havn't exactly met."
"Hi there er... I missed your name" Andi said adressing the new boy that had just shown up.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Carian smiled happily, "Yes it is welsh. How did you know?" she asked, dumbly. It was obvious where he was from, you could tell by his accent. Carian however had moved up from Wales when she was around four maybe five. She spoke welsh to her mother, but her accent didn't come through at all when she spoke english.
Then she turned to the girl who looked around her age, maybe one or two years older, "No, I don't think we have. I've seen your around though, with your twin. It's..."
She thought about the identical twins, which were which? But Carian was very good at recognizing faces, even twin ones. "Andi, right?" she asked.
"Yeah. You're like us. Demigods. And you are...?" she said to the boy. "You can call me Cari if you can't say my name by the way." she added.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Davis Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:40 pm

"I'm Lucien. Lucien Davis." He said. "I don't know how I guessed your name is welsh... It just sounded it."
So Carian did have a welsh name... but she didn't have the accent. Lucien guessed she had probably come over here when she was really young. "So, um, do either of you two know who your godly parent is?"
He let out a mental sigh of relief. So there were more people here. He had guessed there would be, but he hadn't expected people to be so welcoming. He was used to been the new kid. Which meant he was used to been stared at, used to people trying to push him around. Of course, he hadn't taken to been pushed around too kindly. He hated bullies. But so far, these two girls... Andi, and Cari were actually quiet nice. It was good to make some new friends. Especially after he'd been alone for so long.
Lucien was glad that he was finally away from the hostel, and had found somewhere that felt like home.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Unclaimed Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

"Regretably no." Andi said honestly. All she new about her godly parent is that he's a man. She and her sister had been living with their mother for the past couple years. Until they came to camp at age 11... Thinking about their various old homes made her sad. Espesially thier home in Half-Moon bay, California. That was where she felt the most at home. Sometimes she could still feel the ocean breeze on her face.
Regretably Andi pulled herself back into reality. She was no use to the new kid daydreaming...
"Do you want us to show you around camp?"She asked. Come to think of it she never had a tour of camp when her and her sister arrived. They just showed up and people expected them to know everything. Thinking about this really made her appriceate her sister, without her she would be so lonely.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:02 pm

((sorry if it's confusing, I used a lot of pronouns. XD))
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:12 pm

"Same here. My Olympian parent is a man too. My mother is part nymph you see." she said, no doubt confusing the other boy. She had water-nymph blood, but it was very weak. Her great-great-great....she didn't even know how long ago the nymph blood went. But it was weak for sure, considering she could only do minor things. Talking to the water was her favourite. It was always so chatty and gossipy...Cari was never alone!
"I don't mind showing you around either. How 'bout it?" she said.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Annaleigh had been looking for Andi all around camp and she had finally decided to check the hill, why Andi would be there and not the climbing wall she had no idea but hey, her sister was weird. She had been organizing her stuff (again) and Andi had wondered off, she had found the packet that her mother had given her right before she had dropped them off at camp. When Annaleigh got to the top of the hill she noticed two things. One was that her sister was there, and the other was that she was with two other demigods. "Um, hey, I'm Annaleigh" she said shyly, meeting new people was not her thing. She moved to Andi’s right, “I need to talk to you later” she whispered in Andi’s ear. Then she turned back to the other, she had not seen either of these demigods before.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Cabin Points : 97

https://thelifeofademigod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:39 pm

"I need to talk to you later" Anna said. Normally Andi would wait here and come to Anna's aid later, but there was an air of urgency in her voice. Andi knew that whenever the tone of her voice was like this she needed to come now.
"Hey, I'm sorry you two, but I have to go." Andi said. "We can do the tour later, or you can just do it with Cari."
Andi turned around and followed her sister. She felt bad about leaving them, but she had a feeling that this had to do with their father. "Anna wait" she called. Her sister gestured at her urgently and they broke into a run. Andi did not have a clue to where, but she was going.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:28 pm

((Annaleigh and I will post elsewhere. I can still post here, but I'll wait for you two to post a couple times))
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 am

"Umm...okay then," Carian said warily to the two other girls. She was alone with an older boy, but she did have more training then him...and had more experience. She decided he wasn't a threat.

"So, would you still like that tour, or d'you want to look around yourself? I could show you to our cabin too, or at least give you directions." she smiled, trying to make him feel as welcome as possible. When Carian had come to Camp, no one had shown her around and she was left to stumbling around like an idiot everywhere and shouting out when she was lost. She got lost a lot.

But nowadays she knew Camp like the back of her hand. She could walk around backwards with her eyes closed, and still know where she was going. Which was more then she could say for the boy. He'd most likely get lost a lot more then he would if she wouldn't show him around. Though he'd still get lost a few times.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Davis Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:36 am

"The tour would be great, thanks. I don't wanna be getting lost.. well, not much. I'll probably lose my way around a bit til I know where I'm going." Lucien said, smiling. Camp looked pretty big, and he knew he would get lost a bit. But that would give him time to get to know his way around, and maybe he could explore a bit too. "Part nymph? Really? Wow... thats cool. Seriously. "

((sorry for the short post! My muse has gone walkies))
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Unclaimed Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:46 am

"Great then!" she smiled. "Where to first? It's up to you, I don't mind...maybe the cabins first. Unless you want to carry your things around with you all the time, that is."
Then she smiled proudly, "Yep." she said. Of course, not bothering to tell him all Carian could do was breath under water and talk to it. Which was still pretty cool she guessed, but...

((Same here. I'll set up a thread in the Hermes Cabin after you reply.))
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:23 am

"Oh hey." Andi huffed. She had just ran back from the dining pavilion. "Sorry I had to so rudely leave you two. I believe me sister and I are on the bring of discovering our olympian parent." The thought again crossed her mind of her parent being Posiden? But it was probably Hermes or Hades or someone really random like Janus or something. In the least possibly way to make this occasion less rude, she asked, "So... what have I missed?" There wasn't much else to say, so she held her tonge.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:53 pm

"Heya," Carian smiled at the girl. "Really? That's...awesome," she said, her smile fading ever so slightly. How come they nearly know their Olympic parent? I've been here longer... she thought, jealously. But Carian shook the thought out of her mind. It wasn't her thing, jealousy. "Oh, you haven't missed much. Really we were just talking..." she said. "So, who do you think your Olympic parent is? Why do you think so? Have they given you a sign or something? Your so lucky." she bombarded.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 pm

((I don't want to be rude, so I'll wait for Lucien for a day or two...))
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down