The Life of a Demigod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice Day to Have a Chat with the Water, Don't You Think? ((Annaleigh/Andi/Open))

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nice Day to Have a Chat with the Water, Don't You Think? ((Annaleigh/Andi/Open)) Empty Nice Day to Have a Chat with the Water, Don't You Think? ((Annaleigh/Andi/Open))

Post by Carian Roberts Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Carian decided it was high time to have a chat with the creek water again. They hadn't spoken in ages, which was sad because the water there was so friendly and nice...
"Hello again. Long time no see." she said to the water as soon as she sat down. The water was silent.
"Aren't you talking to me?" she asked, frowning slightly. The water was one of her best friends, not that she had many.
Still no answer.
"Aren't you a little old to be sulking?" she said, teasingly.
"Go away!" It spouted.
Carian sat back offended.
"What's wrong? I didn't mean to take too long...It's been a little hectic around here lately." she said, feeling sadder by the the minute.
"And yet, you had enough time to speak to a dirty puddle!" the water replied, in a whiny voice. Like a child who hadn't gotten her way.
To this Carian was speechless. Of course, it had rained earlier on, the puddle was part of the water cycle. She'd known it was a gossipy puddle, but she hadn't thought it would bother telling the Creek.
SNAP!
"What was that?" she asked herself more then anything, as she took out her second-hand sword. She wasn't allowed a new one yet because she hadn't been claimed.
It had sounded like a twig snapping behind her. At once, Carian was on her feet, her sword out in front of her.

The monster should be scared, she thought with a wry smile. I'm the best swordswoman in Camp...
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Cabin Points : 101

Back to top Go down

Nice Day to Have a Chat with the Water, Don't You Think? ((Annaleigh/Andi/Open)) Empty Re: Nice Day to Have a Chat with the Water, Don't You Think? ((Annaleigh/Andi/Open))

Post by Andi Write Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:06 am

A little ways down the creek from Carian Andi sat with her feet in the water. She thought she heard Carian so she headed that way. She reached the clearing where Carian was talking to the water. Suddenly Carian jumped up holding her sword and looking in the opposite direction of her.

"Carian, is everything all right?" Andi pulled out her celestial bronze sword seeing the tension. She looked down at the water. It was rippeling a little tiny bit as if something big was walking their way. "Cari, is there a monster?" Andi said a little excited. She hadn't seen a monster in a while, and she was ready.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Cabin Points : 104

http://neverlandrpg.simplygaming.org/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Nice Day to Have a Chat with the Water, Don't You Think? ((Annaleigh/Andi/Open)) Empty Re: Nice Day to Have a Chat with the Water, Don't You Think? ((Annaleigh/Andi/Open))

Post by Annaleigh Write Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Annaleigh had been with her sister. She heard a girls voice and she and Andi had followed it. "Carian, is everything all right?" Andi said, pulling out her celestial bronze sword. "Cari, is there a monster?" Andi said, sounding a little excited. "Andi, fighting monsters really isn't something to be excited about!" Annaleigh reminded her sister. "Um, Hi," Annaleigh said to the girl her sister had called Carian. Annaleigh had pulled out her sword at the same time Andi had, but now she sheathed it there didn't seem to be a monster anywhere close.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Cabin Points : 97

https://thelifeofademigod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:38 pm

"Yeah thanks for backing me up," she said to the water, kicking it angrily.
"Hey that hurts!" the water replied, though the two girls probably wouldn't hear it.
"Nah, I don't think it's a monster. It was you," she nodded at the two twins, but she kept her sword out anyway. Why would they have come if they were the ones who snapped a twig?
"So, uh...you guys alright?" she said, at an effort to chat, when suddenly a spout of water hit Carian in the back of her head.
"Hey! How OLD are you?! Can't I talk to people without you getting annoyed?! At least I actually COME to see you once in a while!" she shouted, then spat at the water.

"Sorry about that," she said smiling, "What were you saying?" she asked.

((The plot was meant to be you guys thinking I'm mad talking to water, but we could put a monster there too if you like. It's up to you Smile ))
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 pm

"Yeah thanks for backing me up," Carian said, kicking the water. The Creek gurgled and then was silent. Well, that's weird, Annaleigh thought. "What d'you mean?" Annaleigh said.
"Nah, I don't think it's a monster. It was you," Carian said, in answer to Andi's question.
"So, uh...you guys alright?" Carian said. "Yah, fine, you?" Annaleigh said, as a spout of water hit Carian in the back of the head. "What the heck?" Annaleigh asked surprised.
"Hey! How OLD are you?! Can't I talk to people without you getting annoyed?! At least I actually COME to see you once in a while!" Carian shouted. "Umm ok?" Annaleigh said, obviously weirded out.
"Sorry about that," Carian said smiling, "What were you saying?" Carian asked. "Umm, I believe we were talking about whether or not there was a monster somewhere around here, I don't think there was a monster, Andi and I both stepped on twigs on our way over here." Annaleigh said.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Andi heard some sort of faint noise coming from the water. "Did you guys hear something?" Then it spurted some water all over Carian. Then she heard the noise again. It was some faint gurgaling noise, and it was definatly coming from the water. And Carian was talking back to it. If Andi hadn't heard that she was part nymph at the hill, she would be seriously freaked out by now. She looked at her sister who was completly oblivious to the noise. "How can you not hear that. If we wern't twins, then I would think that we had a different parent.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:13 am

"Did you guys hear something?" Andi said. “I don’t hear anything right now,” Annaleigh said, relieved that she had not imagined the gurgling. "How can you not hear that. If we weren’t twins, then I would think that we had a different parent.” Andi said. “Oh my gosh! Andi! I did hear that, just because I don’t go ‘Omg I hear something and it sounds like water gurgling’ doesn’t mean I didn’t hear it!” Annaleigh said, she was irritated but she tried not to show it. “D’you want a hair elastic so you can put your hair up in a bun so it’s not dripping all over you?” Annaleigh said, looking at Carian whose hair was dripping wet.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:26 pm

"Um." she said, looking back and forth between the twins. Carian had no idea what to say. Thankfully, Annaleigh turned to Carian and asked her something.
"Oh, um nah. I'm alright. I like water." she said, smiling.
"Who's she?" the water gurgled. "It's none of your buisness!" she said. "Don't you dare!" she warned, realizing it was about to squirt her again.

Suddenly she thought that to Annaleigh it probably looked like she was talking to them, or she'd gone mad. Fighting a grin, she winked discreetly at Andi when Annaleigh wasn't looking.
This was going to be fun.

((Musless. Sorry!))
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Andi heard the water noise again, but this time she could almost detect words. "Carain are you conversing with the water." Andi looked into the water half expecting to see a water nymph, but there was none there. So Carian can talk to the water and me and Anna can barely even hear it. She wondered if Carian's Olympian parent is Posidon on top of her mother being a water nymph she thought useing her deducive instincts. She normally was not the brightest in school, so whenever she had these bursts of deducive reasoning she wanted to go with it full throttle. Using this motorcycle term in her head you could see more than a shawdow of a grin on her face.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:49 pm

"Um. Oh, um nah. I'm alright. I like water." Carian, smiling. “Ok” Annaleigh replied. The creek gurgled, it almost sounded like words, almost. "It's none of your business! Don't you dare!" Carian said. Annaleigh decided to ignore Carian's random outburst and stared at the creek water.

"Carian are you conversing with the water?" Andi said. Annaleigh looked at and Andi and Carian like they were crazy, but then again, Annaleigh cold have sworn that she had words over the gurgle of the water. Annaleigh looked at her sister, she had that look on her face, like she was working something out, it was sort of a grin, but it didn’t really reach Andi’s eyes. It was a mix between Andi’s thinking face and her I’m pleased with myself face. “Um, ok so what now, I ah don’t want to be rude, so will you tell the water hello for me?” Annaleigh joked, smiling.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:49 pm

((Are you gonna make your dad Poseidon then? If you can hear the water a little, like?))

"Yes. I am talking with the water. It's very rude too. And it should know that I think it's showing off and behaving like a baby just because I haven't been to see them in a long time," Carian said the last bits very loudly with her chin pointed in the direction of the water, as if she was about to turn her head but had decided against it.
"Speak for yourself..." the water muttered, but it sounded calmer now and more reasonable.
"Oh, Annaleigh," she pointed at the twin, "Says hi," Carian said. To which the water replied in it's sulky tone, "I'm right here you know. If she wants to say hi, why won't she tell me herself?"
Biting back a laugh, she said to Anna, "The water wants you too say hi. You have to crouch down low, and say hi. I'll tell you when to get up, okay?" she said.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 pm

"Yes. I am talking with the water. It's very rude too. And it should know that I think it's showing off and behaving like a baby just because I haven't been to see them in a long time," Carian said, she amplified her voice on the last part of what she said and tilted her chin defiantly. This almost made Annaleigh laugh, but she composed herself.
The water gurgled again, but the gurgle sounded calmer, Annaleigh thought.
"Oh, Annaleigh, Says hi," Carian said, pointing at her. the water must have replied because the creek gurgled again.
"The water wants you too say hi. You have to crouch down low, and say hi. I'll tell you when to get up, okay?" Carian said. "er, ok?" Annaleigh said. Feeling like an idiot, Annaleigh got down on her knees, and leaned over the water. Her long black hair fell into her face and she flicked it away and tucked it behind her ear. "Hello, I'm Annaleigh, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance." Annaleigh said, suddenly feeling formal.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:00 pm

((yes, I think so))

Andi also wanted to meet the water, so she did what her sister did and crouched down. Hearing her sister become formal in her way of speach, Andi also took on her innocent first impression mode.
"Hello, I'm Andi." Andi felt the need to stick out her hand feeling the need for a handshake, but she quickly hid it. Really Andi, giving the water a handshake , she thought reproachfully. She heard the gurgaling noise again, but it was much less faint as if it was adressing me. Andi always thought, but she was never sure if the sound she heard was a sarcastic hello, or just her imagination. She was always known for havind a wild imagination.
Andi looked over at her identical twin her mainly strait but a little wavy hair blowing in the zephyr. She didn't look back like she normally did, so she was obviously concentrating.

((I feel so smart, I used one of our former wordly wise words Razz ))
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Carian smiled as the twins kneeled down to say hi to the water. Standing behind them she winked at the water, a gleam in her eye. To which it giggled. It already knew what to do.
She held three fingers up, and smiled wider.
Two fingers, she giggled quietly.
One finger, she had to bite her tongue she was laughing so much.

"Now!" she yelled, and the water rose in a big wave. Big as in three feet, big. Suddenly, it splashed down on the two twins.
Carian could help it no longer. She burst out laughing so hard she fell to the floor, clutching her stomach.

"It says hi!" she gasped, tears of laughter streaking down her face.

((In case you think I'm controlling the water, I'm not. I'm just asking it to do something and it agreed. I had to ppost this, i case I get myself into trouble XD))
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:45 pm

The water didn't gurgle back, so Annaleigh just knelt there, looking like an idiot. "Now!" Carian yelled, startling Annaleigh, she turned to look at her. Out of the corner of her eye Annaleigh saw the water rose in a wave. Then it came crashing down on she and Andi. The water was freezing, nothing like the saltwater pool that was at their house in California. "Wonderful, just wonderful." Annaleigh said, sarcastically, but despite the fact that she was wet and cold, she began to laugh. Still laughing Annaleigh realized that she wasn't that wet, she looked down at her clothes, they weren't that wet either, strange, Annaleigh thought. Then she noticed Carian, the girl was rolling on the ground laughing, with tears of laughter going down her face. "It says hi!" Carian gasped. Annaleigh smiled and put her hair up in a bun, she hated it when hair stuck to her face.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Andi was always good at sencing when someone was about to prank someone, in fact she had been known to prank other people. The water was absolutly still, there was no ripple or anything. "Now" Carian yelled. Andi started to get up, then she realized that she was completly helpless. She felt the water touch her skin, but it just dripped right off. In fact her cloaths were nearly dry, like they were laid out in the sun for an hour. She looked over at her sister's cloaths, they were the same. She at the moment was cracking up along with Carian. Andi having the pull of the contagiousness of laughter, also started laughing. The three girls stood there laughing their hearts out, (in Carian case lay there).

For her sister, this seemed an okay impression, but for Andi, if this was the first time she had ever met Carian, she would be a little on edge about her for a little while.

It took Andi a pull into reality, but she started to realize that her and her sister were possibly daughters of Posidon. Without meaning to, in mid laugh, she said, "wow, cool."
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Carian was still laughing when she realized that both the girls' clothes were still dry. And they were relatively dry too. It didn't take long for the pieces to click togethor, "Hey, no fair!" she said, pouting. She'd just pulled off the prank of the century, only to find out that it didn't work. Why? Because of Poseidon. I was here longer... she thought, annoyed. It wasn't the twins' fault obviously. It was the gods fault. Why couldn't she be claimed? Was she not important? Had they forgotten about her?

((Should we puppet Poseidon coming down? I was going to, but I didn't know if you wanted me to. By the way, sorry the post took so long. I didn't get an email about it. And I didn't know it was my turn.))
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Annaleigh had just come to the conclusion that she and Andi were daughters of Poseidon when Andi said "wow, cool". She rolled her eyes, knowing that Andi had just realized that as well. Annaleigh turned to her "Nice one, I don't think I could have done any better." She said smiling. "Hey, no fair!" Carian said when she realized that their clothes weren't that wet. Annaleigh saw the look on Carian’s face and realized that she must have come to the same conclusion that she and Andi had. She wondered what was going to happen now, when something hit her head. “Ow.” Annaleigh said, it didn’t hurt, but it had surprised her. Annaleigh stuck her hand out and accidentally caught whatever hit her head. She looked down at her hand; it was a small, silver, seahorse charm. Annaleigh remembered her mother’s words: your father said he had the other half. “Ohhh, so that’s what she meant by the other half” Annaleigh said to herself. She glanced at Andi to see what her reaction was.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Andi looked around, trying to conceal her excitment, she almost bubbled over at Carian's jealously. Then she muttered ,"ow" and she laughed hearing the same words come from Annaleigh's mouth. As something fell from her head, she caught it before it hit the ground. She looked it over, it was an otter charm.

Andi faintly heard her sister say, “Ohhh, so that’s what she meant by the other half.”

"OOh, I get it now!" Andi said. She looked up. There was a glimer of a faint trident sign over her head. She watched as it slowly grew smaller, and then faded completely. She took her chain off her neck and put the cham on it, tuckking it away. She straitened up and felt Annaleigh's eyes pouring on her. She looked down then decided something, "hey, I'm going to start calling you Lay now, it sounds more Posidonish." She looked away and suddenly felt like a new person. She felt like she had a meaning at this camp. And she wouldn't be an outcast anymore. "So, I guess we won't be smushed in the Hermes cabin anymore."
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 pm

'How, nice,; she thought. The two girls got a charm from their father. How touching. What a shame Carian hadn't been claimed yet. She'd been here longer then the two girls, but...it couldn't be helped.
"Lay sounds nice. I'm going to call you that now too." she smiled playfully. Just because she was jealous, didn't mean she couldn't like the two girls.
"Oh. A cabin all to yourself...well, more or less." she said, thinking of Percy and Tyson. Though Tyson was hardly there...
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Sun May 23, 2010 3:11 pm

((so, uh, lay, are you gonna reply?))
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annaleigh Write Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Annaleigh rolled her eyes at her sister. She glanced at Carian. "you will probably be claimed as well, I mean your almost thirteen, you'll have to be claimed soon." Annaleigh said when she saw her friend's face. "Leigh? Um, ok." She said, not at all surprised by her sister's random nickname idea. "so what now, water fight?" she asked. It sounded really fun, and Annaleigh was bored. She was rather surprised at what she had just said, normally Andi came up with the random, yet fun ideas, but apparently it was her turn to be random. yes! Out of the Hermes cabin! And we only have to share the cabin with Percy., she thought when Carian said something about having a cabin almost all to themselves.
Annaleigh Write
Annaleigh Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:25 pm

"I guess..." she sighed, but brightened up at the thought of a water fight. She laughed and said, "Your obviously going to win as you can actually control the water! I have to ask it."
But she was looking forward to it anyway.
"Any rules? Or..." she asked, a mischievious glint in her eye. The creek's water seemed to shine with the same glint. "You on my side?" she asked the water but it only gurgled and said it had no control anymore, though it'd be helping Carian for sure.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Write Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:54 pm

Andi smicked, "ca, rules, what are we at school? Just don't drown anyone okay?" But before she got an answer she squirted water at them. There was a sort of semicircle behind her back preventing it from getting wet and there was water streaming on her sister and her friend. She stopped to regain her energy and waited for a comeback. She caught her breath and realized just how much energy she really was using until a wall of water hit her throwing her to the ground. From whom, she had no clue.
Andi Write
Andi Write
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian Roberts Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Carian was squirted with water and she just laugh.
"I have powerful friends Andi." she said in a dramatic voice and asked the Creek to smash into her as a wall of water. It did. "See?" she laughed.
Andi landed on the ground, and luckily there was a muddy pool nearby, she had to ask it a couple of times but in the end it soaked underground and popped back up where Andi's head was.
Carian then turned to Annaleigh and asked the Creek to rise up behind her and crash down like a tidal wave, albeit a very small and less dangerous one.
Carian Roberts
Carian Roberts
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next